A Sweet and Savory Dumpling Sauce
Pot stickers make for a quick meal on a busy night, but they just aren’t the same without a savory dipping sauce. Whip together this quick version in just minutes. You’ll enhance the flavor of the dumplings so your kids will want them again and again. You get a double win: a quick meal and rave reviews.
Total Time: 5 minutes | Prep Time: 5 minutes | Serves: 24
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients until the sugar is dissolved.
- Serve the sauce alongside the pot stickers.
Andrea Boldt is a nutritionist and personal trainer who writes for multiple publications. A graduate of Princeton and Columbia Universities and of the Culinary Institute of America, she enjoys spending time with her two kids and 18 pets.