Made from fresh or canned pumpkin, pumpkin pie is the quintessential autumn treat. For a firmer pie, use just two eggs. For a creamier custard, use three eggs. Serves about eight.
Put an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F.
Put eggs into a food processor or large mixing bowl and whisk well.
Add pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and salt, and mix. Set aside.
Warm the pie crust in the oven until it is hot to the touch.
Pour the pumpkin filling into the warmed pie crust and bake about 35 to 40 minutes, or until filling is set but still a bit quivery, like gelatin, when lightly nudged.
Cool pie on a rack and refrigerate. Serve either cold, at room temperature or slightly warmed.
How to Bake Sugar Free Cheese Cake
How to Make a White Decorator Icing
Sugar-Free Coconut Cream Pie
How to Cook Spinach in the Oven
How to Make Crab Bisque
How to Prepare Healthy & Easy Canned ...
Using a Convection Oven to Cook ...
How to Make Cornmeal Polenta
How to Make Creamy Potato Soup
How to Make Scrambled Egg With Spinach
Low-Fat Breakfast Quiche
The Calories in Panettone
How to Serve Cannoli
How to Fix Grainy Whipped Ganache
How to Make Simple Glazed Walnuts
What Is a Souffle Dish?
How to Use Corn Muffin Mix With Sour ...
How to Make Mango Preserves
Make It a Manhattan: Classic Manhattan ...
How to Make No Bake Strawberry Pie
- If you're not intimidated by making pie crust, then substitute a homemade pie crust for the prepared one. See "How to Make Pie Crust Dough."
- You can substitute fresh pumpkin puree for canned puree.
- You can substitute 1 1/2 c. light cream, or a combination of 3/4 c. milk and 3/4 c. heavy cream, for the evaporated milk.
- If the pie is overcooked, it may crack.
- Pumpkin pies do not freeze well.
- Pumpkin pie is best served within a day of baking, because the crust will begin to soften after baking.
This article was written by the CareerTrend team, copy edited and fact checked through a multi-point auditing system, in efforts to ensure our readers only receive the best information. To submit your questions or ideas, or to simply learn more about CareerTrend, contact us [here](http://careertrend.com/about-us).
Alfredo Tisi/Demand Media