Saying goodbye to summer is never easy, whether you're a student grasping at her dwindling freedom or a cubicle-dweller anticipating her lengthy commutes. That's why Labor Day is so precious — it's one last excuse to revel in the season's sun-drenched pleasures before the rest of the year unfolds. So, ignore the chill that's just around the corner. Dawn your trusty sunglasses with abandon, and gaze into the coming three-day weekend with the mindset that this holiday is your final warm-weather hurrah. Ready to make it count? Here's what you should do.
- Throw on this classic T-shirt and drink an iced-coffee outside. This would be the perfect place to sit as you sip.
- How about adding a little something extra to your outfit, like this on-trend bandana? Once you've mastered how to tie it, it's time to play some games in the grass. Remember, teamwork makes the dream work.
- Give your faded flip flops a rest! These heels will keep you cool, and looking good. If you want to put your own spin on this pair, add a lace-up detail.
- As much as we've loved living in swimsuits all season, this denim skirt is worth a break from a bikini. Use this guide to figure out what top to wear it with.
- It isn't a summer weekend unless you're firing up the grill and cooking food like a pro. Make sure yours is in top shape, and then pick and choose from these mouthwatering recipes. In fact, such a stellar feast calls for a party, don't you think?
- On the flip side, a three-day weekend is the perfect excuse to get away from it all. Unzip this bag and get moving — even if you're not off to a tropical getaway, this how-to will help you see your destination in style.
- Look, for some of us, ice cream is all we need to be happy. Dip a spoon into this carton, or make a few flavors of your own. Bonus points if your post-scoop slumber takes place on this.
- OK, so you're serious about leaving your summer haunts behind for someplace new. That's totally understandable. Page through this book for a plan, and then head out on the road. Keep this spray on hand for any bugs that didn't see you coming.
- Afternoons spent on the shore are memorable when you schlep more than just the essentials along, like a must-have towel. Bring this bottle opener for refreshments...
- ...And pack this beer in a cooler for when the sun is really hot. These will keep them nice and frosty.
- A long weekend is also ideal for the great outdoors. If camping is on your to-do list, then pitch a tent and put this lantern next to your DIY oven. Sounds like the perfect setup under the stars.