Smooth away your dry morning skin. Even in the most arid atmosphere, a good facial cream can help keep your skin soft and dewy all day. This is no over-the-counter outcome -- self-made moisturizers can boast a fresh, chemical-free finish with no harsh detergents or unauthorized perfumes. Put your best face forward with these all-natural at-home recipes, from a creamy cleanser to a hydrating face cream that keeps your skin comfortable, even in the dead of winter.
Place a double boiler pot on your stovetop and turn the heat to medium. Melt 1/2 ounce of beeswax to the upper pot and remove it from the heat immediately.
Measure out 1/8 cup of jojoba oil, 1/8 cup of grapeseed oil, 1 teaspoon of borax, 1 teaspoon of vegetable glycerin, 1 teaspoon of vitamin C powder and 10 drops of rose oil.
Add all ingredients to the double boiler and mix with an electric hand mixer until creamy in texture.
Scoop the creamy mixture into a lidded jar and refrigerate it until hardened.
Place a double boiler pot on your stovetop and turn the heat to medium-low. Melt 4 tablespoons of beeswax and 3 tablespoons of cocoa butter in the upper pot.
Pour the melted solution into a blender and let it partially solidify.
Cut open 4 vitamin E capsules with a knife and squeeze the liquid into the blender. Discard the outer shells.
Blend the mixture on a high setting. Gradually add 1/4 cup of aloe vera gel, 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 3 tablespoons of grapeseed oil and 2 tablespoons of cold-pressed coconut oil.
Scoop the mixture into a lidded jar and keep it refrigerated.
- Tailor face cream recipes to your skin's needs. Vitamin C powder addresses collagen production issues, while antioxidant vitamin E promotes acne scar healing, and aloe vera aids in calming dry, irritated skin.
- Test all face creams on a small patch of skin before full use.
- Never add a fragrance or ingredient that irritates your skin.
- Keep face creams no longer than 3 months to ensure that ingredients are fresh and free from mold or fungi.
- Comstock Images/Stockbyte/Getty Images