Don't scale back on your outdoor activities just because cold weather has turned your pretty pucker to a pout. Fight the effects of winter weather on your lips by creating a homemade lip remedy from ingredients that can be found right in your kitchen and bathroom. A lip mask with natural ingredients -- including antioxidants and essential oils -- can quickly turn your scaly lips into a mountain of moisture. Apply your lip mask as needed and it'll be smooth sailing for you and your rough lips.
Pour 1 tablespoon honey into the bowl.
Puncture a vitamin-E capsule with the tip of a sharp knife and squeeze the contents into the bowl.
Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice into the mixture. Stir ingredients together.
Drop in five drops of lavender oil and five drops of almond oil. Mix ingredients again using your spoon to form the lip balm.
Scoop the remainder into a small, airtight storage container. Keep it in the refrigerator for up to six months.
- To use, dip a cotton swab into the lip balm. Generously spread the mask onto your lips. Refrain from pressing your lips together. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes before wiping it off with a clean, soft cloth.
- For best results, sleep with the lip balm in place.
- Sleep with a humidifier -- the moisture will help replenish your lips.
- Drink plenty of water during the day to help keep lips moisturized.
- Creatas Images/Creatas/Getty Images