A Healthy and Kid-Friendly Soup From Weight Watchers
As a working mom, the thought of having to prepare more than one dinner after a long stressful day may be why you're putting off your weight-loss plan. But Weight Watchers offers a number of healthy recipes that are not only easy to prepare, but kid-friendly too. Tacos are universally loved, and Weight Watchers taco soup recipe can be ready in less than an hour.
This recipe is adapted from the Weight Watchers taco soup recipe, which has 7 SmartPoints. Weight Watchers helps you lose weight by teaching you how to control calories and make healthy food choices with their food point system. All foods are assigned points based on calories, sugar, saturated fat and protein content. Weight Watchers taco soup is high in protein and low in saturated fat.
Total Time: 45 minutes | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Serves: 12
- spray oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 (15-ounce) cans of chili beans
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (1-ounce) package dry ranch dressing mix
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, spray the oil and add the turkey and onions. Cook until meat is browned, about 10 to 15 minutes, breaking up meat lumps as it cooks.
- Add chili beans, corn, tomato sauce, water, chilies, chili powder, cumin, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and ranch dressing to the pot and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Serve the soup with a mixed green salad to keep points for your meal low. Most vegetables on the Weight Watchers SmartPoints plan have no points. For crunch, top the soup with crushed hard taco shells, but be sure to include the correct points for the addition.
Weight Watchers Turkey Chili Recipe
How to Make Chicken Noodle Soup Without ...
Add Flavor to Foods With This ...
The Soup, Salad & Sandwich Diets
How to Cook Collard Greens in a Crock ...
Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Calories in a Pint of Egg Drop Soup
Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
How to Cook Beef Florentine
Pot Sticker Dipping Sauce Recipe
How Many Calories in a Taco Bell Bean ...
How to Refresh Dried Fruits: Raisins
Leeann Chin Nutrition Information
How to Cook Luglug Cornstarch Noodles
How to Can Homemade Vegetable Beef Soup
How to Improve Jar Spaghetti Sauce With ...
How to Make Fish Taco Sauce
How Many Calories in Black Beans and ...
How to Smoke Hamburgers
Can You Use Vegetable Oil Instead of ...
Jill Corleone is a registered dietitian and health coach who has been writing and sharing her love of food, nutrition and health with anyone who'll listen for almost 20 years. Her work has been featured on the Huffington Post, Diabetes Self-Management and Working Mother.