Items you will need
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (14-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 7 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish
- Large Skillet
- Small and Large Bowl
Beef Florentine is a classic dish that is enjoyed by families of all sizes. This recipe can serve 10-12 people and only takes 25 minutes for prep time. This is a great way to sneak spinach into a child's meal as well.
How to Cook Beef Florentine
Brown beef with the onion and garlic in a large skillet, then drain.
Cook the spinach according to its package directions.
Drain the spinach but reserve the liquid. Add water to the liquid to make 1 cup.
Combine cooking liquid, spaghetti sauce, tomato paste, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and mix well.
Stir sauce into skillet and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
Combine macaroni, cheese, bread crumbs, eggs, and cooked spinach in a large bowl and mix well.
Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish and cover with meat sauce.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Let it stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Add your choice of vegetable as a side for a nutritious meal.