Richard Ernest Yap/iStock/GettyImages
Honey Garlic Chicken – Sweet, Savory, Slow and Simple
With the kid-pleasing sweetness of honey and savory deliciousness provided by plenty of slow-cooked garlic, plus just a handful of other ingredients, this sticky sauce-coated chicken dish is sure to be a hit with the whole family. Using a Crock-Pot turns the already-simple recipe into a convenient dinner option, calling for you only to put everything in the pot hours in advance and let the appliance do the rest. It's also a versatile recipe, adaptable to any cuts of chicken you have on hand – bone-in or boneless, whole pieces or bite-size cuts, light or dark meat or a mixture of both. Steamed rice and green vegetables, such as broccoli, green beans and bok choy, are all perfect accompaniments to this rich, sweet, spicy or mild chicken.
Total Time: 3 to 4 hours | Prep Time: 5 minutes | Serves: 6 to 8
- 2 pounds skinless chicken, whole pieces or diced
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 12 cloves garlic, whole and peeled
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice or rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sriracha (optional)
- In a mixing bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together the honey, soy sauce, cilantro, black pepper, sriracha (if using) and lime juice or rice wine vinegar.
- Add the chicken, whole peeled garlic cloves and sauce mixture to the Crock-Pot.
- Put the lid on the pot and cook everything on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours, or until the chicken is very tender. Bite-size pieces will need a shorter cooking time than whole cuts.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the pot and cover it with foil to keep warm, leaving the sauce and garlic cloves in the pot.
- With the whisk, mash the cooked garlic cloves and incorporate the mashed garlic into the sauce.
- Serve the chicken with the sauce poured over the top.
Adapted From: Delish
How to Barbecue Chicken in the Slow ...
How to Slow Cook Chicken With Tomatoes ...
How to Make Crock-pot Chicken
How to Par-Cook Chicken Before Frying
Best Crock-Pot Salsa Chicken Recipe
How to Make Chinese Chicken in a Slow ...
How to Slow Cook Brown Rice & Chicken
Baked BBQ Chicken Recipe
Easy Indian Butter Chicken Recipe
How to Make Asado Chinese Style
How to Fry Precooked Chicken
Chicken Cacciatore Crock-Pot Recipe
Easy Crock-Pot Beef Brisket Recipe
Best Crock-Pot Whole Chicken Recipe
How to Cook Arroz Chaufa
Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe
Best Crock-Pot Shredded Chicken Recipe
How to Marinate Roast Chicken
How to Make Traditional Chicken and Rice
How to Cook Chicken Schnitzel
Joanne Thomas has worked as a writer and editor for print and online publications since 2004. Her writing specialties include relationships, entertainment and food, and she has penned pieces about subjects from social media tools for Adobe to artists’ biographies for StubHub. Thomas has also written for such names as Disney, Hyundai, Michelob and USA Today, among others. She resides in California and holds a bachelor’s degree in politics from the University of Bristol, U.K.