Here’s the thing about chipotle chilies. They have a great smokey, spicy, beautiful bite, but they can vary wildly when it comes to that heat. You can’t tell by looking at these little guys how hot they’ll be, and add in the heat-intensifying powers of beer and you’re completely in the dark. So if you’re a heat seeker, grab the biggest chilies in that can of chipotles. If you’re a bit of a wimp, grab the little guys. You can always add a few dashes of hot sauce if you want to crank it up a notch.
Slow Cooker Chipotle Beer Chicken Sliders
- 2 pounds skinless chicken
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 small chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pale ale beer
- 12 slider buns
- Place the chicken in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a blender (other than the buns), and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken. Cook on high for 4 hours. Using two forks, shred the chicken while still in the slow cooker, allow to sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Scoop the chicken into slider buns and serve immediately.
Photo credit: Jackie Dodd