Hair moisturizers are not only an excellent way to soften and moisturize hair but they can also provide a quick refresher. A water-based moisturizer with oils and conditioning ingredients can be applied and then rinsed out while a moisturizing mist can be used on the go. Lavender is a good oil choice for hair moisturizers as it has a soothing and refreshing quality. You can also use chamomile, lemon or rosemary to moisturize hair.
Boil 1 qt. water in a pot.
Turn off the heat once the water is boiling and add 5 drops of essential oil. Use lavender, lemon, rosemary or chamomile depending on your preference. All four oils will moisturize hair equally well.
Cover the pot with the lid and let the oils steep in the water until the water is cool.
Pour into a spray bottle and spritz on hair.
Mix ½ cup water, ½ tbsp. aloe vera, ½ tbsp. liquid glycerin, 2 tbsp. conditioner, 1 tsp. olive oil, 3 drops ylang ylang oil and 3 drops jojoba oil in a bottle.
Apply to your hair and massage into your hair completely. Let the moisturizer sit for 5 minutes.
Rinse the moisturizer out and style hair as desired.
Benefits of Soybean Oil for Hair
Dry Hair Treatment With Canola Oil
Homemade Treatments to Make Hair Thicker
How to Make a Homemade Cleanser for ...
Types of Hair Treatment
What Does Lemon Juice Do to Your Hair?
How to Control Frizzy Hair for ...
How to Moisturize Curly Extensions
Homemade Conditioner With Jojoba Oil
How to Moisturize Hair Without Making ...
Extra Virgin Olive Oil as a Hair ...
How to Moisturize Dry Hair Caused by ...
Natural Oils to Make Hair Straight
What Is Glycerine Used For?
Essential Oils That Make Hair Smell Good
How to Relax a Perm With Home Remedies
Benefits of Shea Butter and Coconut Oil ...
How to Make Hair Extensions Wavy
How to Heal Sores in Your Scalp From a ...
Pantene Shampoo Information
- “Naturally Healthy Hair: Herbal Treatments And Daily Care for Fabulous Hair”; Mary Beth Janssen; 1999
- “The Hair Bible: A Complete Guide to Health and Care”; Philip Kingsley; 2003
- “The Green Beauty Guide: Your Essential Resource to Organic and Natural Skin Care, Hair Care, Makeup, and Fragrances”; Julie Gabriel; 2008
- “Natural Beauty Basics: Create Your Own Cosmetics and Body Care Products”; Dorie Byers; 2001
- “The Herbal Home Spa: Naturally Refreshing Wraps, Rubs, Lotions, Masks, Oils, and Scrubs (Herbal Body)”; Greta Breedlove; 1998
Melissa Hamilton began writing professionally in 2007. She has enjoyed cooking creatively in the kitchen from a young age. In addition to writing cooking articles for various publications, she currently works in the restaurant industry as a food and beverage trainer.