Hair moisturizers are not only an excellent way to soften and moisturize hair but they can also provide a quick refresher. A water-based moisturizer with oils and conditioning ingredients can be applied and then rinsed out while a moisturizing mist can be used on the go. Lavender is a good oil choice for hair moisturizers as it has a soothing and refreshing quality. You can also use chamomile, lemon or rosemary to moisturize hair.
Boil 1 qt. water in a pot.
Turn off the heat once the water is boiling and add 5 drops of essential oil. Use lavender, lemon, rosemary or chamomile depending on your preference. All four oils will moisturize hair equally well.
Cover the pot with the lid and let the oils steep in the water until the water is cool.
Pour into a spray bottle and spritz on hair.
Mix ½ cup water, ½ tbsp. aloe vera, ½ tbsp. liquid glycerin, 2 tbsp. conditioner, 1 tsp. olive oil, 3 drops ylang ylang oil and 3 drops jojoba oil in a bottle.
Apply to your hair and massage into your hair completely. Let the moisturizer sit for 5 minutes.
Rinse the moisturizer out and style hair as desired.
How to Make a Homemade Cleanser for ...
Benefits of Soybean Oil for Hair
Homemade Treatments to Make Hair Thicker
What Is Glycerine Used For?
Dry Hair Treatment With Canola Oil
Homemade Conditioner With Jojoba Oil
How to Control Frizzy Hair for ...
What Does Lemon Juice Do to Your Hair?
How to Moisturize Curly Extensions
How to Relax a Perm With Home Remedies
Aveda Shampure Ingredients
Types of Hair Treatment
The Benefits of Sunflower Oil on Hair
Natural Shampoo for African-American ...
How to Moisturize Dry Hair Caused by ...
Pantene Shampoo Information
Essential Oils That Make Hair Smell Good
Basil for Hair Growth
Ingredients in Hairfinity Vitamins
How to Get Rid of Built Up Soap & ...
- “Naturally Healthy Hair: Herbal Treatments And Daily Care for Fabulous Hair”; Mary Beth Janssen; 1999
- “The Hair Bible: A Complete Guide to Health and Care”; Philip Kingsley; 2003
- “The Green Beauty Guide: Your Essential Resource to Organic and Natural Skin Care, Hair Care, Makeup, and Fragrances”; Julie Gabriel; 2008
- “Natural Beauty Basics: Create Your Own Cosmetics and Body Care Products”; Dorie Byers; 2001
- “The Herbal Home Spa: Naturally Refreshing Wraps, Rubs, Lotions, Masks, Oils, and Scrubs (Herbal Body)”; Greta Breedlove; 1998
Melissa Hamilton began writing professionally in 2007. She has enjoyed cooking creatively in the kitchen from a young age. In addition to writing cooking articles for various publications, she currently works in the restaurant industry as a food and beverage trainer.