Quick and Tasty Peanut Butter Balls
Peanut butter adds protein, fiber and healthy fat to sweet snacks, and it’s the main ingredient in this simple and flavorful recipe. Perfect for a hot day when you don’t want to heat up your oven, these peanut butter balls take mere minutes to prepare and can stay fresh in the freezer for months. Because they require only one bowl, you also won’t have to waste time washing a lot of dishes. And unlike conventional cookies, these goodies are eggless, so you and your tykes can feel free to taste the dough or lick the bowl clean.
Total Time: 100 minutes | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Serves: 24
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 8-ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, combine everything but the chocolate chips. Knead the ingredients together with clean hands until you have a smooth and even consistency.
- Form the dough into 1/2-inch balls, then place them on a tray lined with parchment paper. Cover the tray with plastic wrap and place it in the freezer for at least one hour.
- Once they balls are well chilled, melt the chocolate chips on the stove over medium-low heat or in your microwave.
- Dunk the balls into the melted chocolate one by one, using a toothpick. Return them to the lined tray and place them back in the freezer.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, which may take 20 to 30 minutes, you can serve them straight from the freezer. Store the remaining balls in the freezer in an airtight container.
Easy Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies ...
Easy Banana Bread Recipe
How to Make Chocolate-Covered Graham ...
Simple Chocolate Frosting Recipe
How to Make Chocolate Fudge Buttercream ...
Easy Italian Cream Cake Recipe
How to Make Mini Tart Shells
Making Chocolate From Cocoa Powder
How to Make Sausage Balls With Bisquick
How to Make Your Own Chocolate Truffles
How to Remove Acrylics With Acetone and ...
How to Cook Oven-Browned Meatballs
The Calories in Chocolate Croissants
Easy Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
No Bake Cookies With Quick Oats Recipe
How to Make Sauce for Squid Balls
Simple Sugar Cookie Recipe
How to Cook a Frozen Beef Patty ...
How to Make Bisquick Biscuits
Shortbread Cookie Recipe
August McLaughlin is a health and sexuality writer and author of "Girl Boner: The Good Girl's Guide to Sexual Empowerment." Her work appears in Cosmopolitan, The Washington Post, DAME Magazine, LIVESTRONG.com and more. augustmclaughlin.com