A High-Energy, Kid-Friendly Snack
On a rushed day, with noisy and hungry children in tow, no-bake cookies that take all of 5 minutes to make are a true gift from the heavens. And since there's no oven or stove time, even the smallest kids can help make them. This "Chunky Monkey" version features bananas, peanut butter, and chocolate chips, but it's easy to change your add-ins to highlight other favorites instead.
Total Time: 35 minutes | Prep Time: 5 minutes | Serves: 6 to 12 (makes 12 cookies)
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/4 cup dried banana chips, broken into pieces (optional)
- In a medium bowl, use a spatula to combine the oats, peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract. Stir until the entire mixture is moistened and sticky.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and banana chip pieces (if using) until they are evenly distributed.
- Refrigerate the mixture for at least 30 minutes to give it a chance to firm up.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out spoonfuls of the mixture and roll them into balls. Flatten them slightly, if desired, to make them look more like traditional cookies.
- Store any leftover cookies on a sheet of wax paper inside an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Carly Schuna has been freelance writing and editing for more than a decade. She enjoys putting a creative spin on pieces from her specialty areas of wellness, food and fitness, working to help people save money while maximizing their health. In recipe developing, she loves finding ways to put a healthy spin on the classics to boost nutrition for the whole family without sacrificing taste.