A Simple, Flavorful Meal That Cooks All Day
Little soothes the soul after a long day as well as lasagna. This sumptuous soup allows you and your family to delight in the zesty Italian seasoning and warmth of the traditional favorite, without you spending an hour or more boiling, layering and baking the dish. While you can use ground beef, the ground turkey called for here provides a leaner, equally protein-rich alternative your clan will love.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can reduced-sodium tomato sauce
- 1 (32-ounce) carton chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked bow-tie pasta
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- Shredded mozzarella cheese, as desired
- Over medium-high heat, cook the turkey and onion until the meat is fully brown.
- Drain the liquid from the meat and onion mixture, then place it in your slow cooker.
- Add the garlic, tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, mushrooms, basil, parsley, water, salt and pepper.
- Stir the ingredients together, then cover the pot and set it on low heat to cook for 8 hours.
- Serve the soup topped with shredded cheese.
How to Cook Arroz Chaufa
How to Cook Yakamein
How to Cook Luglug Cornstarch Noodles
Easy Baked Ziti Recipe
How to Cook Beef Florentine
Directions on How to Cook Soba Noodles
How to Cook Fresh Turnip Greens
How to Make Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
Cooking Dried Banh Pho Noodles
How to Cook Boneless Turkey Breast
How Long to Cook Steak at 150 Degrees ...
Mom’s Classic Make-Ahead Bread Stuffing
How to Store Cooked Ground Beef
How to Cook Pan Fried Deer Tenderloin
How Long Does It Take to Cook Linguine?
How to Marinate Wild Turkey Breast
How to Slow Cook Brown Rice & Chicken
Calories in One Slice Provolone Cheese
Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe
How to Cook Stew in a Slow Cooker
August McLaughlin is a health and sexuality writer and author of "Girl Boner: The Good Girl's Guide to Sexual Empowerment." Her work appears in Cosmopolitan, The Washington Post, DAME Magazine, LIVESTRONG.com and more. augustmclaughlin.com