Graham crackers are tasty on their own, but coat them with chocolate and you've got a decadent treat that's super easy to prepare. The graham cracker squares only need to be dipped in your favorite type of chocolate and chilled before digging in. If you wish, enhance these chocolate-coated crackers with decorative and delicious toppings, transforming them into a gourmet-style dessert you can share with friends.
Place chopped chocolate squares or chocolate chips in a heat-proof bowl or the top pot of a double boiler. You can use any type of chocolate, including bittersweet, dark or semi-sweet. For 12 sheets of graham crackers, use about 12 ounces of chocolate.
Fill a small pot or the bottom pot of a double boiler halfway with water and bring the water to a low simmer on the stove. Sit the bowl or pot with chocolate on top and stir constantly with a whisk or large spoon until the chocolate is completely melted. Turn off the heat.
Break the graham crackers into equal-sized squares with two segments or into individual rectangular segments, depending on your preference.
Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
Dip the graham crackers, one at a time, into the melted chocolate, turning them so both sides are fully coated. Use plastic tongs to help you carefully dip the graham crackers without getting your fingers messy or scalded.
Place the coated graham crackers on the lined baking sheet. If you wish, sprinkle the coated graham crackers with colorful sprinkles, crushed candies or crushed nuts.
Chill the coated graham crackers in the refrigerator until the chocolate is fully set.
How to Make Your Own Chocolate Truffles
How to Make Chocolate Sculptures
How to Make Chocolate Ganache With ...
Can You Freeze Chocolate?
Can I Make Doughnuts Out of Frozen ...
How to Melt Hershey's Chocolate
How To Make An Oreo Cheesecake Crust
Cupcake Decorating Ideas Without ...
How to Cook Mini Cheesecakes in Ramekins
How to Bake Sugar Free Cheese Cake
How Do I Preserve Buckeyes?
How to Make Brownies With Little Ghosts ...
Easy Peanut Butter Balls Recipe
How to Make Chocolate Icing for Donuts
How to Make Peanut Butter Easter Eggs
How to Make Gelatin Dessert With Milk
How to Make Mini Tart Shells
How to Make Simple Glazed Walnuts
How to Make Drizzle Icing From Frosting ...
What Can I Make With Leftover Cannoli ...
- Brittles, Barks and Bon Bons; Charity Ferriera
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Company: Chocolate Melting
- You can store the graham crackers in an airtight container, layered between sheets of parchment paper. Keep them in the refrigerator for up to one week, or at room temperature for no more than three days.
- Place a few of the treats in clear or colored cellophane bags with decorative ribbon to give as gifts.
- Melt different types of chocolate and drizzle it on top of the coated graham crackers as another decorative option.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave as an alternative to the stove, setting the power to 50 percent for 1 minute. Continue microwave in 20- to 30-second bursts, stirring each time until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Do not allow water from the pot to get into the melting chocolate.
Based in Los Angeles, Zora Hughes has been writing travel, parenting, cooking and relationship articles since 2010. Her work includes writing city profiles for Groupon. She also writes screenplays and won the S. Randolph Playwriting Award in 2004. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in television writing/producing and a Master of Arts Management in entertainment media management, both from Columbia College.