Your morning cup of coffee gets you going, and a coffee-based body scrub can do the same thing for your skin. A coffee scrub exfoliates your skin, helps prevent acne, reduces the appearance of fine lines and hyperpigmentation and softens your skin. Because caffeine is a natural diuretic, coffee scrubs can also help stimulate the movement of water through your body, making your skin temporarily appear firmer and making skin problems like cellulite less noticeable.
Combine coffee, sugar and oil in a small bowl, mixing with a spoon or your hands until the ingredients are completely blended.
Add the honey, mixing until it is thoroughly combined with the other ingredients.
Transfer the mixture to a lidded plastic container.
Scoop out a generous amount of the scrub with your fingers while you are in a warm shower. Rub the mixture vigorously over your body, using large, circular motions.
Rinse the scrub completely from your skin, making sure to remove all the sugar and coffee residue away.
Pat your skin dry gently. Do not rub.
Store your coffee scrub at room temperature in its sealed container for up to two weeks.
- Natural Beauty at Home: More Than 250 Easy to Use Recipes for Body, Bath and Hair (revised edition); Janice Cox
- Mix up this recipe by adding a 1/4 cup of shredded coconut to the coffee-sugar-oil mixture.
- You can substitute sweet almond oil or macadamia nut oil for olive oil in this recipe.
- Don't use coffee scrub on dry skin; it is too abrasive. Make sure your skin is damp before applying the coffee scrub.
- carmen mayta/Demand Media