A lint-filled sweater can transform your outfit from chic to sloppy. Lint is the result of broken or short fibers that’s caused when the fabric is rubbed together against other fabrics, or against itself through normal wear. Picking off each lint ball one by one will delint your sweater, but you’d spend quite a bit of time doing it. Pursue a more efficient option to delint your sweater to get it back in circulation in your wardrobe.
Lay the sweater on a flat surface, such as a table, counter or ironing board. Spread it out so the fabric is taut.
Move a clean, sharp disposable razor over the sweater, turning the sweater on its side and back to treat all of the linted area. Apply light pressure and move the razor slowly to avoid cutting the fabric. Wipe the blade with a rag after each pass to remove the collected lint. Continue doing this until the entire sweater has been delinted.
Use a sweater stone or electric pill shaver if any lint remains. Run the shaver or stone slowly over the sweater to lift the lint. Pick up any loosened piles of lint from the sweater with your fingers.
How to Defuzz a New Fleece Jacket
How to Get White Fuzz Off Sweaters
How to Get Lint Off a Black Fleece ...
How to Get a Snag Out of Polyester ...
How to Hang Sweaters So They Don't Get ...
How to Get Lint Off a Polyester Jacket ...
How to Get Beet Juice Out of a White ...
How to Get Mold & Mildew Stains Out of ...
How to Unclump Eyelashes
How to Remove Burdocks From Clothes
How to Get Pills Off of a Cashmere ...
Proper Sanitizing of Electric Razors
How to Unwrinkle Sweaters
How to Get Fuzz Out of Polyester
How to Comb the Furry Hood of a Jacket
How to Take Out Wrinkles From a Merino ...
How to Get Pills out of Jeans
How to Clean a Philips Norelco Shaver
How to Get Wrinkles Out of Rayon & ...
How to Get Wrinkles Out of Denim ...
- Champion Cleaners: Fuzz Balls on Your Sweaters?
- Redbook: How to Get Rid of Sweater Pilling (Really!) Read more: How to Get Rid of Sweater Pilling - Sweater Stone - Redbook Follow us: @redbookmag on Twitter | REDBOOK on Facebook Visit us at Redbook.com
- GE Appliances: Laundry - Lint Concerns and Solutions
- To prevent lint from forming on your sweater, wash lint-producing fabrics like fleece and flannel separate from other garments. Also, use the shortest wash cycle possible, don’t overstuff the washing machine, use the appropriate water level and turn sweaters inside to help prevent lint.
- Buy electric pill shavers and sweater stones at most retailers that sell clothing.
Kimbry Parker has been writing since 1998 and has published content on various websites. Parker has experience writing on a variety of topics such as health, parenting, home improvement and decorating. She is a graduate of Purdue University with a Bachelor of Arts in organizational communication.