A Party Favorite Gets a Skinny Makeover
Serve a healthier buffalo chicken dip at your next family party, and you'll please those looking for the full flavor of the dip along with the guests trying to watch their calories. The creaminess of Neufchatel cheese combined with the spicy tang of pepper sauce gives the dip a flavor that doesn't taste "diet" in the slightest. While this recipe is made on a stove, it can easily be translated into a slow-cooker recipe—simply combine all the ingredients in a small slow-cooker, and set it on low for 3 to 4 hours.
Total Time: 35 minutes | Prep Time: 5 minutes | Serves: 9
- 1/2 cup Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup cayenne pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- Combine the Neufchatel cheese, Greek yogurt, cayenne pepper sauce, blue cheese and vinegar in a small sauce pot over medium-high heat.
- As it melts, stir the mixture until it's smooth and bubbling slightly. Fold in the cooked chicken, and combine thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl, and serve.
Kelsey Casselbury is an independent writer, editor, and designer based in Annapolis, Md. She is the mother of a preschool boy and a board member at a local children's theatre, where she helps with productions through communications, marketing, and design needs.