A Tangy Alternative to Buttercream
You're a mom who does it all: Works 40 hours, volunteers for the PTA and bakes your kid's birthday cake yourself.
But when your darling asks for cream cheese icing instead of regular buttercream, you're thrown for a loop. Don't worry. Cream cheese icing is just as easy to make, so you can still get the cake on the table as planned.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), softened
- 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese (1 brick), softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar, more if necessary
- In a large metal mixing bowl, place the butter and cream cheese.
- Beat the butter and cream cheese using an electric mixer on low speed until they're blended and smooth. Continue to whip as you add the vanilla extract.
- Add the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition. Add the sugar until you reach the desired consistency – you might need a little more or less, depending on your personal taste.
- Frost your cake or cupcakes with the icing. Refrigerate any leftovers.
How Early Can You Make a Wedding Cake?
How Long Before an Event Should I Bake ...
How to Add Irish Cream to Buttercream ...
How Long After You Bake Should You Put ...
How to Make Whipped Frosting Without ...
How to Store Buttercream Icing
Easy Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
4 Easy No-Bake Cheesecake Recipes
How to Make Fresh Strawberry Frosting ...
Easy Peanut Butter Frosting Recipe
Nutrition Facts for Tres Leches Cake
How to Heat Canned Icing
Calories in Chocolate Fudge Cake
How to Pipe with Whipped Cream
How to Use Gelatin to Thicken Frosting
How to Make Whipped Frosting for Cake ...
How Many Calories in Applesauce?
How to Make Almond Buttercream Frosting
Does Cream-Based Frosting Have to Be ...
How to Make Cake Frosting Into a ...
Andrea Cespedes is a professionally trained chef who has focused studies in nutrition. With more than 20 years of experience in the fitness industry, she coaches cycling and running and teaches Pilates and yoga. She is an American Council on Exercise-certified personal trainer, RYT-200 and has degrees from Princeton and Columbia University.