Chewy Cocoa-Powder Brownies That Hit the Spot
Homemade brownies satisfy you, and your family, with a chocolate-y goodness that just can't be matched with a cookie. But, the ingredients for these goodies aren't always on hand in your pantry, and the last thing you want to do after a busy day at work is rush out to the store for baking chocolate.
Cocoa powder is an ingredient that often gets pushed to the back of the pantry shelves and always seems to be available. Improvise and use it to make delicious, chewy brownies without too much hassle.
Total Time: 42 minutes | Prep Time: 12 minutes | Serves: 16
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/3 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together the oil and cocoa powder. Set aside for 4 to 5 minutes.
- While the cocoa sits, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, powdered sugar and brown sugar using a mixer or a heavy spatula for 2 to 3 minutes. The mixture should be lighter in color and slightly fluffy. Stir in the vanilla.
- Add 1/2 of the cocoa and oil mixture to the egg mixture. Mix on medium speed, or with a vigorous hand, until it's shiny -- about 5 minutes.
- Gently blend in the flour; use a lower speed if utilizing a hand mixer. When the mix is combined – about 1 minute – add the rest of the cocoa. Thoroughly blend for another minute or so.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, depending on how you like your brownies. Longer cook times yield a firmer brownie. Cool completely.
How to Make Your Own Cocoa Scrub
How to Make Your Own Hand Lotion With ...
How to Substitute Cocoa Powder for ...
How to Make Anti-Wrinkle Moisturizing ...
Can You Use Vegetable Oil Instead of ...
How to Make an Oil-Free Facial Lotion
Substitutes for Groundnut Oil in Cooking
Easy Strawberry Cake Recipe
How Do I Make the Cake Lighter When I'm ...
How to Fry Brownies
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
How to Make Frosting Using All-Purpose ...
How to Make a White Decorator Icing
Homemade Conditioner With Jojoba Oil
How to Make Brownies With Little Ghosts ...
How to Make Natural Eye Creams With ...
How to Get Rid of a Curl Perm
Can You Substitute Shortening for ...
Substitution for Oil in Baking Brownies
How to Replace Eggs With Mayonnaise
Andrea Cespedes is a professionally trained chef who has focused studies in nutrition. With more than 20 years of experience in the fitness industry, she coaches cycling and running and teaches Pilates and yoga. She is an American Council on Exercise-certified personal trainer, RYT-200 and has degrees from Princeton and Columbia University.