How to Obtain a Marriage License in Corpus Christi, Texas

rings jewelry marriage image by Pali A from

If you are getting married soon in Corpus Christi, Texas, you should make sure that your big day goes smoothly by taking care of some legal matters beforehand. In particular, you'll need to apply for a marriage license, which allows you to get married. If you wish to apply for a marriage license in Corpus Christi, you and your future spouse will need to make a trip to the Nueces County Clerk's office. After obtaining the marriage license, you will need to wait 3 days before getting married.

Find out if you and the person you are planning to marry are eligible to obtain a marriage license in Corpus Christi, Texas. Both of you must be age 18 or older to apply for a license. Otherwise, if either or both of you are 16 or 17 years old, a parent is required to sign a Parental Consent to Marriage form and to present appropriate photo identification like a driver's license to the Clerk's office in Nueces County. If you are recently divorced, you must wait 30 days before marrying another person; if you are remarrying the same person that you divorced, you do not have to wait at all.

Gather required documentation and information for each applicant. You and your future spouse must present valid photo identification such as a driver's license, state-issued identification card or passport to the county clerk. You'll also need your social security number to apply. If you were recently divorced and received a waiver on your divorce decree for the 30-day waiting period, locate the divorce decree as you will need to present it when you apply for the license.

Show up together at the Nueces County Clerk's office between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., CST, Monday to Friday. The office is located at:

901 Leopard Street, Suite 201 Corpus Christi, Texas 78401.

Bring $71.00 in cash to pay for the marriage license fee along with all the necessary documents and identification. The parent or guardian of an applicant who is under 18 years of age would need to accompany him or her to the county clerk's office.