- Things That Are Closed on Columbus Day in Illinois
- How to Get a Copy of a Marriage Certificate in Pennsylvania
- How to Get a Copy of a Dissolution of Marriage
- How to Hire a Justice of the Peace Minister for a Wedding Ceremony in BC, Canada
- How to Get a Copy of a Divorce Settlement Agreement in New Jersey
An important step in making your marriage legal is obtaining a marriage license. Following are guidelines on how to obtain a marriage license if you plan to wed in Guam.
Apply for the marriage license together in person at the government of Guam's general licensing and registration branch of the department of revenue and taxation in Tiyan.
Present proof of age and identity. Be prepared to show valid photo identification (driver's license, military identification card, passport) in addition to certified copies of birth certificates.
Fill out the application and sign it in the presence of the marriage clerk. Applicants may also be asked to provide addresses, telephone numbers, states of birth, marriage officiator information and father's and mother's full names.
Pay the license fee and head to the altar. There is a mandatory 5-day waiting period between the time the application is made and the time the license is issued. The license is valid for 60 days after issuance.