Salmon is a fatty fish, pink in color with a rich and oily flavor. With high amounts of essential fatty acids, selenium and vitamin D, eating salmon can be an effective way to keep your skin hydrated, and hair and teeth strong. A fast and tasty way to cook salmon is by pan-searing it. You can marinate the salmon before cooking to add more flavor and moisture to the fish.
Mince garlic cloves and green onions and then place them in a mixing bowl.
Add sesame oil, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar to the garlic and green onions.
Remove the skin from the salmon, rinse and pat dry. Place the salmon in the mixing bowl with the other ingredients. Cover the mixing bowl and place in the refrigerator for 30 to 45 minutes.
Coat the skillet with olive oil and heat to medium-high.
Remove salmon fillets from marinade and place in the skillet. Sear each side for 5 to 7 minutes.
Remove salmon from skillet and serve.
- Fitness Magazine: Top 10 Super Foods for Gorgeous Skin and Hair
- "Cook With Jamie"; Jamie Oliver; 2007
- Garnish finished product with a few toasted sesame seeds, some slices of fresh green onion and a small amount of fresh squeezed orange juice.
- Be careful not to heat the skillet too high. This will cause the oil to pop and can be dangerous. Adjust the heat according to your stove.
- Jupiterimages/liquidlibrary/Getty Images