Yes, You Can Feed Your Family Delicious Chicken in Less Than 30 Minutes
Not every evening is suited to spending extensive time in the kitchen as you get dinner ready for the family. Sometimes, you just want to take it easy. Depending on the sides you choose, you can have dinner on the table in under half an hour with this Parmesan chicken recipe – even less with a slight variation.
Total Time: 25 minutes / Prep Time: 15 minutes / Serves: 4
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon cut into thin wedges
- Mix together the Parmesan cheese and the breadcrumbs in a large bowl and set aside.
- Add the salt and pepper to the flour in a separate bowl. Stir with fork to combine well.
- Whisk the egg together with the water in a third bowl.
- Dredge each piece of chicken in the flour, shaking off the excess. Dip it in the egg, then in the breadcrumb and cheese mixture so it’s coated entirely.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Cook the chicken breasts for about 5 minutes per side, turning once.
- Serve the chicken with the lemon wedges.
Beverly Bird has been writing professionally for over 30 years, specializing in issues of personal finance. She has offered personal finance workshops for single, divorced, and new parents.