Although it seems like an unorthodox beauty treatment, a facial made of raw potatoes may help to smooth fine lines and wrinkles, firm sagging skin, and create a healthy, youthful glow. This inexpensive facial is rich in potassium, phosphorus, manganese and other minerals that nourish the skin. Additionally, the mild natural acid in potatoes works as a gentle exfoliant, sloughing off dead, dry skin cells and helping to fade minor blemishes.
Peel a large potato, and then grate the potato with a fine cheese grater. Any type of potato is suitable. Place the grated potato in a small mixing bowl.
Blend in apple cider vinegar and glycerin, and then add a small amount of rose water. As a general rule, for one potato, use 2 tablespoons of vinegar and glycerin and 1 tablespoon of rose water.
Wash your face with a mild cleanser, and then smooth the potato facial over your skin. Allow the mixture to remain on your face for about an hour, and then rinse with lukewarm water.
Smooth on your favorite moisturizer to hydrate your skin.
- World's Best Kept Beauty Secrets; Diane Irons
- Soul of Synchronicity: Soul Journeys Through Past Lives; Cindy K. Dhillon
- HuffPost Style: Secret Beauty Tricks For Youthful Skin And Great Hair (And They're Cheap Too)
- Age-Proof: Beauty Alternatives You Need to Know; Louisa Graves
- Cosmopolitan: Better Skin Strategies
- BananaStock/BananaStock/Getty Images