How to Make Creole Rice. Creole rice makes a great side dish to go with your other favorite Cajun dishes. If you are eating other spicy foods, you can make the Creole rice mild to help people recover from other spicy foods. If you are looking to kick up your meal to another spicy notch, increase the amount of spices in the recipe.
Make Creole Rice
Place the oil in the pot and cook the garlic, onion and green onion over medium high heat until the onion is translucent.
Add the chicken broth, tomato sauce, chopped green bell pepper, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper to the pot. Sprinkle a small amount of Tony Chachere's Cajun seasoning into the pot.
Bring the contents in the pot to a boil.
Put the rice in the pot and turn the heat down to a simmer. Let the rice cook for 15 minutes.
Flip the rice over gently to mix up the contents in the pot with the rice. You want the ingredients to be evenly mixed with the rice.
Cook the rice for 15 more minutes covered.
Check the rice to make sure it is tender. If the rice is not tender, flip the rice again and let it cook 5 more minutes.
Set the Creole rice to the side off the burner and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
How to Dry Out Sticky Rice
How to Make Traditional Chicken and Rice
How to Cook Brown Basmati Rice
How to Cook Rice in Foil
How to Cook Japanese Rice
How to Cook Long Grain Rice
How to Cook Red Camargue Rice
How to Make Sweet Brown Rice
How to Cook Ruby Red Jasmine Rice
How to Cook Golden Rose Rice
How to Cook Rice Flakes
Quick and Easy Fried Rice Recipe
How to Cook Couscous With Chicken Broth
How to Cook Rice in a Rice Cooker
Brown Basmati Rice Cooking Directions
How to Cook Rice Without a Rice Cooker
How to Cook Arroz Chaufa
Quick and Easy Spanish Rice Recipe
How to Boil Rice
How to Cook Rice Flakes
- While not as good as made from scratch, you can purchase a premixed Creole rice package to make this dish quickly and easily.
- Provide Tony Chachere's Cajun seasoning on the table for people to add the right amount of spice they want for the meal.
- Add chopped ham or sausage to your creole rice dish to make it a more hearty dish.
- Use instant rice to cut down the cooking time for creole rice. Follow the directions and follow the instructions on the box.
- Get help chopping up various ingredients to cut down preparation time.
- Be careful when stirring the rice. Try to flip the rice over gently to mix it with the other ingredients.
This article was written by a professional writer, copy edited and fact checked through a multi-point auditing system, in efforts to ensure our readers only receive the best information. To submit your questions or ideas, or to simply learn more, see our about us page: link below.