Fast and Simple Chicken Parm
With prepared ingredients and time-saving steps here and there, you can simplify making chicken Parmesan. But there's no way around the somewhat involved step of breading and frying chicken breasts if you want the rich coating that contrasts so well with tangy tomato sauce.
Jarred or canned spaghetti sauce and preshredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses are key to speeding up this recipe. With those ingredients in your cupboard and refrigerator, you can even whip up a batch of chicken parm for a busy weeknight dinner.
Total Time: 40 minutes | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Serves: 4
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated and divided
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 chicken breasts, thin-sliced, boneless, skinless
- 1 1/4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Heat the oven to 425F.
- On two large plates, spread out the flour on one plate and the panko mixed with 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese on another plate.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the eggs with a fork until they are well mixed
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the spaghetti sauce for 4 to 5 minutes or until it is very hot.
- Working with 1 chicken breast at a time, dredge the chicken in flour to provide a dry surface for eggs to adhere to. Then dip the breast in the egg, coating all surfaces. Finally, press the breast in the crumb-Parmesan mixture so that the entire surface is coated.
- In a large, 12-inch frying pan set on medium high, heat the oil and gently lay down all the breasts. Because they are so thin, they will cook quickly even if they are crowded in the pan. Cook the breasts for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until they are golden brown.
- Using a large spoon or ladle, spoon 1/2 cup of the spaghetti sauce onto the bottom of an oven-safe casserole dish. Place the chicken breasts on the sauce in a single layer, and top them with the rest of the sauce, leaving the edges of the chicken free from sauce to give the dish a contrast in color and texture. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the sauce.
- Bake the chicken parm in the oven for 15 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling around the edges of the chicken.
- Top the casserole with the remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.
How to Cook Chicken in Olive Oil With ...
How to Get a Thick Coating on Fried ...
How to Bake Chicken Wings in Cast Iron
How to Cook Chicken Thighs
How to Cook Sauteed Chicken With White ...
How to Make Chinese Chicken in a Slow ...
How to Cook Barbecue Chicken Drumsticks ...
How to Make Blackened Chicken
How to Make Moist Baked Chicken Breasts ...
How to Cook Chicken Leg Quarters
How to Marinate BBQ Chicken Thighs & ...
How to Cook Swai With Breading
How to Cook a Thin Breaded Chicken ...
Best Crock-Pot Shredded Chicken Recipe
How to Make Fried Ramen Noodles
Chicken Marinade With Corn Starch and ...
How to Cook Boneless Chicken Breasts in ...
Does Cornstarch Make Fried Chicken ...
Yogurt Face Mask for Acne
How to Cook Chicken Schnitzel
Susan Lundman began writing about her love of cooking, ingredient choices, menu planning and healthy eating after working for 20 years on children's issues at a nonprofit organization. She has written about food online professionally for ten years on numerous websites, and has provided family and friends with homemade recipes and stories about culinary adventures. Lundman received her M.A. from Stanford University.