Feeling like it's time to update your closet? Well, today, we're sharing a list of all the comfortable staples you'll need for your closet this season. From stylish yet sporty shoes to slouchy sweaters and vintage-inspired tees to skinny jeans and silk scarves, these 10 style staples will keep you feeling comfortable throughout spring and summer, all the way through fall and winter!
- STYLISH, SPORTY SHOES: If you're looking for a shoe comfortable enough to wear all day, Clarks's cloud steppersTM are the shoes you've been looking for.
- KNIT VEST: With bohemian style on the rise, you'll be glad to have an ultra casual, undeniably cool knit vest on hand. It adds tons of texture (not to mention a hint of warmth) to your lightweight seasonal staples.
- EMBELLISHED LEGGINGS: The jury may still be out on whether or not leggings are appropriate for everyday wear, but we say take the risk! The ankle-zip on these leggings dresses them up just enough to transition from running errands to heading out for date night.
- VINTAGE INSPIRED T-SHIRT: Go ahead and grab V-neck, vintage-inspired T-shirts in as many colors are you can. Every single one will be in heavy rotation throughout the outdoor concert and farmers market season.
- MAXI DRESS: A new maxi dress (like this floral print number) will be something you reach for over and over again. It's easy to slip on and looks instantly polished.
- BACKPACK: This foldover backpack is a fabulous alternative to the heavy totes you've been lugging around lately. The shoulder straps make it much easier to carry, while the fringe adds style and interest.
- LINEN PANTS: A pair of soft, light colored linen pants will be a welcome addition to your closet lineup, especially come beach season.
- SCARF: A silk scarf is an easy accessory to keep on hand. It can be cinched in a knot near your collar bone to dress up a simple shift dress, or even tied to your purse for a little added wow factor.
- STRETCHY SKINNY JEANS: In case you're still on the hunt for the perfect pair of skinny jeans, we encourage you to look for a pair with a high waist and distressed texture for the ultimate in chic comfort.
- OVERSIZED SWEATER: This type of flouncy cardigan can be worn while lounging on the couch, or slipped on over a chambray dress for a casual look that's sure to land you compliments.
Carrie Waller is the blogger and stylist behind Dream Green DIY. Her work has been featured in "Better Homes and Gardens," "Design*Sponge," and "Apartment Therapy." Waller holds a Bachelor of Arts from Christopher Newport University in studio art and art history.