Acne — no matter how mild or severe — can lead to scarring on areas such as the face, neck, back, chest and shoulders. Acne scars can make you feel self-conscious and uncomfortable in your own skin. For sensitive skin, over-the-counter medications can be harsh and drying. If your skin is sensitive and you are looking to get rid of acne scars, give home remedies a try.
Wash your face regularly. Wash twice a day using water and a mild facial cleanser. This can help prevent the buildup of dirt, oil, makeup and bacteria on your skin, giving you a smoother complexion.
Apply a few drops of vitamin E oil to each scar. Use twice a day for results within a month or two. Vitamin E can help reduce redness.
Grind up one clove of garlic. Mix with a tablespoon of water to create a paste. Apply paste to your skin immediately following your normal skincare routine. Leave the paste on for 15 minutes. Rinse with water.
Warm honey in the microwave. Zap a few tablespoons of honey for 15 to 20 seconds or until warm. Massage the honey on the scar. This can also help moisturize your face.
Mix a few drops of rosewater and sandalwood powder with 1/4 cup of oatmeal. Apply the paste to your face. Leave this mixture on your face for a half an hour. Rinse off with warm water.
- KidsHealth.org: Can Acne Scars Be Removed?: D'Anne M. Kleinsmith, MD; March 2010
- "Heal Your Skin"; Ava Shamban M.D.; May 24, 2011
- My Sensitive Skin Care: Acne Scar Healing
- If home remedies fail and you are uncomfortable with your scars. Consult a dermatologist for further treatment options.
- Never use any products you are allergic to in order to help reduce acne scars.
- Pixland/Pixland/Getty Images