How to Make a Simple Taco Salad
When you crave something warm but fresh and crunchy but meaty, little else fits the bill as well as taco salad. This simple recipe allows you to create a light Mexican feast in 30 minutes. It’s a perfect spur-of-the-moment meal that allows you to invent it as you go, whether you add additional veggies, such as diced tomatoes, or use seasoned tortilla chips rather than plain for more zest.
Total Time: 30 minutes | Prep Time: 20 minutes | Serves: 6
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 packet reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 bag shredded lettuce (or 1 head, shredded)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- 2 cups lightly crushed tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup French dressing
- In a large skillet, cook the meat over medium heat for about 7 minutes, or until it’s no longer pink.
- Crumble the meat, then drain it in a colander over your sink.
- Place the meat back into the skillet, adding the taco seasoning and water. Bring this to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, then simmer the mixture uncovered for about 5 minutes, or until it thickens.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, allowing it to cool while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- In a large bowl, toss the lettuce with the cheese.
- Top the mixture with the meat, chips and salad dressing.
- Lightly toss the ingredients together, then serve the salad immediately.
How to Cook Boneless Turkey Breast
How Many Calories in Chopped Antipasto ...
How to Cook Pan Fried Deer Tenderloin
How to Cook the Neck of a Deer
How to Boil Conch in the Shell
How to Soak Deer Meat in Baking Soda
How to Cook Moose Meat
How to Make Potato Hamburger Soup
How to Cook Corned Silverside in a Slow ...
Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
What Do You Serve With Lobster?
How to Make a Juicy Pork Tenderloin
How to Cook Fresh Sauerkraut and ...
How to Cook Arroz Chaufa
Best Crock-Pot Lasagna Soup Recipe
How to Cook Barbecue Deer in the Slow ...
How to Make Fish Taco Sauce
How to Cook a Tender Steak Using a ...
How to Cook a Really Tender Beef Roast ...
How to Defrost a Frozen Beef Roast in ...
August McLaughlin is a health and sexuality writer and author of "Girl Boner: The Good Girl's Guide to Sexual Empowerment." Her work appears in Cosmopolitan, The Washington Post, DAME Magazine, LIVESTRONG.com and more. augustmclaughlin.com