Between the relaxing sound of crashing waves, the feeling of warm sand between your toes and the thawing effect of a blazing summer sun, the perfect beach day doesn't require much more than a bathing suit, a towel and some sunscreen. But, if you want to make your next trip to the coast extra memorable, these picks will make sunbathing on an umbrella-lined shore even more enjoyable. From a great read to a comfy chair, you'll be prepared to hit the sunny scene like a local with these 12 beach-ready buys.
1. A towel for drying off after taking a dip.
2. A sleek swimsuit that looks great in and out of the water.
3. A wide-brimmed beach hat so you don't get too much sun.
4. A water bottle to keep yourself hydrated.
5. A pretty umbrella to avoid turning pink.
6. A great book, like Sweetbitter, to sneak in some summer reading.
7. A giant tote so you only have to make one trip from the car.
8. A football for when you're feeling active.
9. Sunscreen to stay safe in the sun.
10. A beach chair that folds into a backpack — convenient and comfy!
11. A great beach game, like Ladderball, to keep boredom at bay (it's light to carry, too!).
12. A cooler for keeping drinks and snacks chilled.
Snorkeling in Clearwater, Florida
Fun Activities for Teenagers in the ...
Best Time to Visit Puerto Rico
Date Ideas in Duluth, MN
Best Time to Visit Belize
5 Ideas for a Lake Tahoe Family Vacation
What to Wear to the Beach
Family Retreat Ideas
Best Time of Year to Visit Hawaii
What to Wear to the Beach in Winter
Boardwalk Themed Party Ideas
What to Wear to the Zoo
Bachelor Party Camping Ideas
Free Things to Do in Cleveland
Best Family Resorts in Florida
Things to Do With Kids in Tucson
Things to Do Near Anna Maria Island
How to Get a Natural Tan in the Winter
Things to Do in Tokyo, Japan
6 Must-Haves to Look Cute When You Bike ...
Megan Beauchamp is a lifestyle editor at eHow. Her writing has appeared on Bustle, The Kind, Brit+Co., and BUST, among others.