“This post is sponsored by Scotts”Picnic season is starting just around the corner, so now's the time to gather all the essentials to host a successful backyard get-together. These 10 accessories will give you the ideal excuse to throw an outdoor bash this season, but you'll want to stock up now before the season is too far gone!
- STRING LIGHTS: Let your picnic last well beyond dark by stringing up a few lines of ambient outdoor café lights. A fun texture—like this strand of rattan-topped bulbs—adds lots of extra personality.
- PICNIC BASKET: No outdoor dining experience is complete without a fun basket to tote your tasty treats in. This two-person wicker tote sports a colorful surprise inside, plus lots of room for strapped-in cutlery and plates.
- OUTDOOR DRINK WARE: Real glass cups and plates are generally a no-no outside, but that doesn't mean you also have to say no to style! Plastic tumblers come is all shapes and sizes to suit your personal taste.
- BLANKET: Another must-have picnic accessory is a soft yet substantial outdoor picnic blanket. Opt for a waterproof version so you stay nice and dry while out on the grass.
- LAWN GAME: Don't forget to have an after-lunch or after-dinner lawn game on hand to keep everyone entertained. A simple game of ring toss will keep your friends and family laughing all season long.
- OUTDOOR CUSHIONS: Offer your picnic participants a little luxury while lounging on the ground. A set of durable indoor/outdoor throw pillows will make them feel like royalty.
- PORTABLE TUNES: After the meal is over and everyone's energy is spent, amp up the vibe with a well-chosen playlist pumped out of a battery-operated stereo.
- FOLDING CHAIRS: In case traditional seating is more your guests' style, don't forget to have a few folding chairs within reach. These heavy-duty aluminum chairs are perfect for your grass.
- FIRE PIT: A contemporary fire pit adds instant pizazz and style to your outdoor entertaining zone. Plus, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who would turn down good, old-fashioned s'mores.
- CHEESE BOARD: You might be outside, but that doesn't mean you have to leave your class indoors! Try serving a delicious array of fancy cheeses at your picnic with a portable cheese tray.
This post is sponsored by Scotts