Summer is a fantastic time for those of us who love beer. Summer ales, session IPAs, and backyard keg parties are all around us. The weekends are filled with tubs of iced-down beer, and the heat is the perfect excuse to enjoy.
With an abundance of produce packing our markets, boozing up some of that delicious summer fruit is just a great idea. Beer popsicles are simple to throw together the day before a party and so much fun to serve.
Keep your eyes on these, they are for the grown-ups only. If you’re worried about mixing up the kid pops and adult ones, use different colored popsicle sticks to keep them separate. (Although I have no idea how you keep your uncle from eating all 10 in one sitting. You’re on your own for that one.)
Strawberry Beer Popsicles
Yield: 10 to 12 popsicles
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- 12 ounces pale ale
- Add the strawberries, lemon juice and sugar to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the beer; pulse once or twice until combined.
- Pour into popsicle molds, allow to sit at room temperautre until the foam subsides, about 10 minutes.
- Freeze until set, about 4 hours.