How to Look Up Your Child Support Check in Alabama

by Margaret Bryant

The state of Alabama’s Department of Human Resources (ADHR) has automated systems that enable you to check child support payment status. You can get information about your child support case via a phone hotline available 24 hours a day or through a secure website. If you have a special case where payments are made through wage garnishment, you will need to access the Alabama Central Disbursement Division (ACDD) website. With all systems, you will need to have your Social Security number available. You also must have filed your case in Alabama.

ADHR Hotline

Call 334-242-0210 if you live outside of Alabama. If you live in Alabama’s Montgomery, Autauga, or Elmore counties, you can dial 242-0210 without an area code. If you live in other counties in Alabama, call the toll-free number 800-284-4347.

Press "0" when prompted if you have a touchtone phone. If you do not have a touchtone phone, you will need to speak to an operator between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on a weekday.

Press "1" on your phone for information about your case.

Press "1" if you are receiving child support. Press "2" if you are a parent who pays child support.

Enter your Social Security Number when prompted by the automated system. You will be instructed to return when you have access to the number if you do not know it.

Listen to information about payments, balances and lump sums. The information is updated daily and the automatic system will tell you how current the information is.

ADHR Website

Navigate to the State of Alabama’s Department of Human Resources Child Support Online Payment Inquiry System listed in the Resources.

Enter your Social Security number to log in.

View information about your child support case and print it if desired. The website will have information about how current the information is and when it will next be updated.

ACDD Website

Navigate to the Alabama Central Disbursement Division’s website listed in the Resources.

Click “Lookup payment history.”

Enter your case number. If you do not know your case number, you can find it printed on the last statement you received.

Type in the last four digits of your Social Security Number and click “Submit.”

View information about payments made in the last 90 days.

About the Author

Margaret Bryant is a long-time resident of North Carolina. She has recently written extensively for GolfLink and eHow. She has been writing for publication since 1999. Bryant holds a Bachelor of Arts in English language/literature.

Photo Credits

  • check in macro image by Alexey Klementiev from