If you’re a fan of Hello Kitty and delicious popcorn, then a cute Hello Kitty popcorn maker is right up your alley. These popcorn makers are relatively cheap and can be found at most department or home appliance stores. Learning how to use your Hello Kitty popcorn maker is the first step to enjoying yummy Hello Kitty-inspired popcorn.
Measure out the necessary amount of unpopped corn kernels and pour them into the popcorn maker. A Hello Kitty popcorn maker can make up to 3 quarts of popcorn and 1 oz. of popcorn kernels will make a quart, so use no more than 3 oz. of unpopped kernels.
Measure out your canola oil and pour it into your Hello Kitty popcorn maker. For every ounce of popcorn kernels you measured in step one, add about 1/2 tbsp. of canola oil.
Close the lid on top of the Hello Kitty popcorn maker and turn it on.
Watch to make sure the popcorn is popping properly and safely. The popcorn should take anywhere from two to four minutes. When kernels stop popping every couple of seconds, turn the popcorn maker off.
Flip the popcorn maker over and detach the pink lid, which also doubles as a popcorn bowl for easy serving. Season the popcorn as you like.
- There are a few other oils you can try that will yield different tastes, so you can play around with different oils, such as sunflower or soy.
- Some tasty seasonings to try include: garlic salt, Cajun seasoning and cinnamon.
- Always clean your popcorn maker after every use. Simply wait for the maker to cool, then use a little soap, water and a clean rag to wipe it down. Wash the top dome in the sink with soap and water.
- Never touch or try to clean the popcorn maker when it's hot, as you could get a serious burn.
- Never use vegetable oil on your popcorn maker, as it can potentially catch fire.