If you're looking for comfort with a touch of luxe this season, then velvet is the way to go. This fabric is one of the most popular trends for fall and winter, and it was all over the 2016 fall and winter runway collections. From elevated everyday clothes to evening wear, the use of this sumptuous texture went beyond anything you can think of.
Whether you're fully or partially in love with this trend there's a way to incorporate it into your wardrobe. Start small with accessories if you're not 100% committed, or go all out and wear it head-to-toe if that's how you feel about it. Here are some of my favorite picks and tips on how to wear each.
Ready to add velvet to your shopping list?
- Pumps: Sam Edelman Calista Velvet Pumps
- Pants: H&M Velvet Pants | Frame Velvet Cropped Pants
- Hat: H&M Baseball Cap
- Sneakers: Superga Velvet Sneakers | Superga Velvet High-Tops | Superga Velvet Sneakers
- Skirt: Topshop Velvet Pleat Midi Skirt
- Clutches: Aerin Velvet Clutch | Clare Vivier Patchwork Grid Clutch
- Studded Flats: Miu Miu Lace-Up Studded Flats
- Booties: Chloé Susanna Booties
- LBD: H&M Bandeau Velvet Dress
- Bomber Jacket: Topshop Velvet Puffer Jacket
- Earrings: Banana Republic Drop Earrings
- Pencil Skirts: Wilfred Free Bela Skirt | Banana Republic Velvet Wrap Skirt
- Classic Pumps: Topshop Velvet Slingbacks | Topshop Velvet Court Shoes
- Wrap Dress: Topshop Pleated Velvet Wrap Dress