Fall is rapidly approaching, so I don't blame you if the cooler temperatures are making you want to put away your lightweight numbers — but don't do it just yet! You can easily transition your favorite summer pieces from one season to the next with these easy styling tricks. Here's how to make the most out of your warm weather clothes and hold onto summer just a little bit longer.
1. Dress up your favorite white summer dress with a structured jacket or blazer for a cozy and polished look.
2. Throw on a rich, caramel suede (or faux suede) jacket over your favorite striped tee or top for a chic and on-trend look!
3. Pair your shorts with a cozy pair of tights for some added warmth on those crisp mornings or chilly nights.
4. You can definitely transition your favorite summer jumpsuit or easy breezy summer dress into fall just by adding a chic layer like a cool leather jacket.
5. One of the easiest way to transition any summer look into fall is by swapping your sandals and open-toe shoes for ankle boots. If you're looking for ankle boots, here's a great round-up!
6. For those transitional days when is not too cold and too hot, carry on your white lace top with a light layer like a vest. In this case, the safari style adds an interesting contrast and balances out the feminine top.
7. When is not yet cold enough to justify pulling out your wool coat, opt for a sleeveless version instead.
8. When the temperature starts to drop but you're still not 100% ready to pull out the coats, try some layering with classic wardrobe staples like denim and leather jackets. The layering takes your look to whole new level.
9. A heavy and structured leather vest can easily transition your go-to striped tee. Not only will it add warmth, but it will also instantly ground your look and make it look more fall-ish.
10. Last, but not least, a great way to transition summer favorites into fall is by pairing them with heavier tops, like chunky knits or long sleeve sweaters, for a weather-appropriate look.