As your tyke transitions from toddler to preschooler and beyond, she starts to create memories that will follow her forever. As a parent, this often inspires you to create truly memorable experiences for your little one, including making parties perfect -- down to the last detail. The devil is in the details, and proper planning helps you address those details with your full attention. Sign-up sheets may come into play for a variety of reasons at a party, and you have an equal range of options for creating them.
Create a physical sign-up sheet, using a large sheet of colored poster board or construction paper to catch the eye. Match the theme of your child's party, if it has one. Draw a big title at the top, such as “Eva's Fourth Birthday.” Include information such as the date, your phone number and the party's address. Create bold, vertical lines and columns labeled “Name,” “Parent” and “Contact,” using a permanent marker and a ruler. Make the spaces big to encourage kids to write their own names. Punch a hole with a hole punch and attach a colorful marker, using yarn and a piece of colored tape.
Post your sign-up sheet in a place where invitees can sign their names, such as your child's daycare, preschool, church or activity center. Obtain permission from the people in charge before you leave the sheet. Take the sheet to several locations, depending on the size of the party and your little one's social circle.
Go digital with an online sign-up sheet. Design a custom sheet from an online website and enter the party information. Share the sheet in a public URL via email or your online social networks. Enlist an online sign-up sheet service to send invitees an email reminder a few days before the event, if desired.
Items you will need
- Poster board or construction paper
- Markers (permanent and colored)
- Hole punch
- Colored tape
- Make the sign-up sheet a parent-child project. After you've drawn the columns and labels, let your birthday boy or girl decorate the sheet with finger paints, crayons, stickers or other crafts.
- If you're pressed for time, many websites offer free, printable sign-up sheet templates. They're not quite as fancy or colorful as a homemade sheet, but they get the job done quickly and easily.
- Hoby Finn/Photodisc/Getty Images