Items you will need
- 16 oz. package tri-color rotini pasta
- 1/4 lb. sliced pepperoni sausage
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 16 oz. can black olives, drained and sliced
- 8 oz. package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 16 oz. bottle Italian-style salad dressing
- 1 garlic clove or 2 tbsp. minced garlic
How to Make Rainbow Rotini Pasta Salad. Pasta salad has long been a picnic and side dish favorite. This colorful recipe may make for a kid favorite as well. This recipe yields 8 servings. Read on to learn how to make it.
Cook rotini pasta as directed on the package. Be sure to rinse pasta in cold water after the pasta is cooked and drained.
Combine drained and rinsed pasta, pepperoni, broccoli, olives, garlic and cheese in a large bowl.
Add other vegetables, like carrots and tomatoes, and chopped chicken for a more complete meal.
Toss with salad dressing.
Chill in refrigerator for at least an hour. Serve cold.
When draining pasta, be careful to keep face away from the steam as it is hot and will burn you. Cut away from hand when slicing vegetables and pepperoni.