Beautifully natural Snohomish County in Washington state is a lovely place to celebrate your special day, whatever your budget. This rugged state with its shining seas at Puget Sound and breathtaking peaks at the Cascade Mountains makes for a perfect backdrop for your nuptials. It also has a variety of quaint inns, lush gardens, historic locales and more that can host your big day at a very affordable price. Don't let price hold you back from getting married -- Snohomish County offers romantic and inexpensive venues that, as a bonus, let you bring in your own caterer.
Snohomish County's pastoral countryside is a charming place to get hitched. Courtyard Hall in Bothell can fit up to 210 guests and offers a bar, dance space and indoor and outdoor ceremony sites. Maroni Meadows in the town of Snohomish is set on five treed acres, perfect for a tranquil outdoor wedding; it accommodates 200 guests. The Stillaguamish Senior Center combines an attractive indoor venue plus beautiful rose garden and gazebo; tables and chairs, dance floor and stage are included in the rental price.
Halls and Lodges
If you want an indoor wedding, local churches and halls often rent out their spaces at affordable rates -- and often you don't need to be affiliated to rent. Normanna Lodge #3 in Everett features a stage, portable bar and dance floor and accommodates 220 guests; a large industrial-grade kitchen is available downstairs. Magnolia Hall in Arlington is an elegant restored Victorian building that includes a dining room, chapel, picturesque outdoor area and dance floor.
Park and Fairground Weddings
Local parks are often not only picturesque but very wallet-friendly. Willis Tucker Park in Snohomish features environmentally friendly event halls with excellent views of the surrounding gardens. The Evergreen State Fairgrounds outside of the city of Monroe has an atmospheric wood longhouse that will accommodate 130 guests and includes table and chairs. For a small wedding, consider Snohomish's Waltz Building, a historical space with beautiful arched windows, elegant courtyard and gazebo.
Budget-conscious urbanites will rejoice at the variety of stylish venue options in Snohomish County. The Weyerhaeuser Room, located on the top floor of Everett Station, seats up to 160 and features wood paneling, beautiful murals and a stunning view of the North Cascades. Creative types will love the Schack Art Center in Everett. This venue hosts up to 100 guests for a seated reception; you must select from one of their preferred caterers for food and beverages. The Marysville Opera House is another distinctive facility that features a tin ceiling, hardwood dance floor, balcony and garden area.
- Snohomish County Weddings: Home Page
- Normanna Lodge #3: Hall Rental
- Wedding Bee: Venues Under $1000?
- Snohomish County Weddings: Magnolia Hall
- Courtyard Hall: Hall Rental Rates
- Snohomish County Weddings: Weyerhaeuser Room - Everett Station
- Maroni Meadows: Details
- Snohomish County Parks: Activity Center Room Rentals
- Evergreen State Fair: Building Rentals
- Wedding Wire: Stillaguamish Senior Center
- Access Washington: Get a Marriage License
- Snohomish County Weddings: Resource Guide
- Stillaguamish Senior Center: Home Page
- Magnolia Hall: Home Page
- Evergreen State Fairgrounds: Home Page
- Snohomish County Parks and Recreation: Activity Center Room Rentals, Willis Tucker Park
- Waltz Building Rental Community Hall: Home Page
- Everett, Washington: Weyerhaeuser Room Rentals
- Schack Art Center: Home Page
- Marysville Opera House: Home Page
- Digital Vision./Photodisc/Getty Images