Camouflage print is a popular trend in clothing, accessories and -- believe it or not -- manicures. Khaki, black, brown and olive green are the traditional colors found in camouflage clothing, but you can pick any three or four nail colors of your choice to customize your nails or to match an outfit. And here's the best part: You don't have to be an artist to pull off this cool nail art technique.
Apply a thin coat of olive green nail polish to your nails as the base color and allow to dry completely.
Use the nail polish brush, a toothpick or a nail art dotting tool and black nail polish to make one or two blobs on top of the olive green base coat on all of your nails. They don't have to be perfect ovals. The more irregular, the better. Allow the polish to dry completely.
Use the nail polish brush, a toothpick or a nail art dotting tool and khaki nail polish to make several random blobs that overlap the black and olive coats on all of your nails. Don't completely cover the existing olive or black polish. Allow the polish to dry thoroughly.
Use the nail polish brush, a toothpick or a nail art dotting tool and brown nail polish to make a few random blobs that overlap the black, khaki and olive coats on all of your nails. Don't completely cover the three existing colors. Allow the polish to dry thoroughly.
Give your camouflage nails a final coat of polish with a clear top coat. This will not only even out the layers of polish, it will give your nails a shiny, protective finish.
Items you will need
- Black nail polish
- Khaki nail polish
- Olive green nail polish
- Brown nail polish
- Clear top coat nail polish
- Nail art dotting tool
- Whatever color palette you choose, include a dark shade, a medium shade and a light shade.
- Any of the shades can be used as the base color.
- Try black, white, red and pink for an edgy camouflage palette, or switch out a cream color for a metallic or neon.
- Allow the nail polish to dry completely between coats.
- Nail polish emits fumes that can be toxic. Make sure your work area is well ventilated.
- BananaStock/BananaStock/Getty Images