Minneapolis and St. Paul Minnesota are home to a plethora of indoor and outdoor activities for kids of all ages. Birthday party planning is a breeze in the Twin Cities whether you're planning an event for a brainy kid, a budding athlete or a child who just wants to have fun. While the weather in Minnesota may be frigid in the winter, there are party destinations available year round.
Mini-Golf and More
Moose Mountain Adventure Golf is located inside the Mall of America's Nickelodeon Universe about 15 minutes from the Twin Cities in Bloomington. This course has an old-time north woods design with replicas of life-sized moose, horses and other animals as well as ride-on vehicles. After a mini-golf game, you can have your child's party right in Nickelodeon Universe. Several birthday packages are available that include rides, food and souvenirs. Another birthday option is the Science Museum of Minnesota, which isn't only an interactive and educational museum destination, but also has a 30,000-square-foot mini-golf course on site. The museum offers various themed-birthday packages for ages 4 to 12 that include custom invitations, a personalized cake, punch and other supplies, as well as special party rooms on site.
Party with the Animals
Enjoy a customized birthday party package at the Minnesota Zoo, located less than 30 minutes south of downtown Minneapolis in Apple Valley. Your birthday crew can view over 500 species of animals throughout the indoor and outdoor park. The zoo offers complete birthday packages, which include a cake, punch and other fun amenities. The Como Park Zoo and Conservatory has a water park, zoo and animal and insect conservatory. You can purchase a complete, themed birthday package that includes pizza, cake and a personalized tour of an animal area. Consider a party add-on of gift bags for the kids or a Sponsor-an-Animal certificate to commemorate the occasion.
The Depot is a hotel that features its own year-round 15,000-square foot indoor water park and, during the winter, an ice-skating facility. Its complete party package includes admission to the park, hot dogs or pizza, cake and ice cream along with balloons and gift bags. Alternatively, hold your party at the Water Park of America, just minutes from the Mall of America in nearby Bloomington. This water park is dubbed the "Tallest Indoor Water Park in the U.S." because of its 136-step Eagle's Nest slide. Party packages at the park include pizza, soda, cupcakes and balloons all served in the popular Birthday Party Tree house. Every partygoer gets admission to the park as part of the party package.
The Minnesota Children's Museum offers younger children an interactive and entertaining experience. You can choose from three party packages at the museum. The Mini-Party includes inventions, stickers and discounted admission to the museum. The Celebration package provides a cake and juice, a large private room and free admission to the museum for 20 guests. Splurge for the Super Celebration and add more time in the party room, themed activities in the museum and other perks. If your birthday child is a cinema buff, grab a party package from New Hope Cinema and Grill, less than 20 minutes from the Twin Cities in New Hope. The Ultimate Party package includes movie admission, unlimited pizza and soda, a birthday sundae, tokens for the arcade and a goodie bag, while the Classic package still includes movie admission, pizza and drinks along with a few other value-priced amenities.
- Science Museum of Minnesota: Celebrate a Birthday at the Science Museum of Minnesota
- Science Museum of Minnesota: Mini-Golf
- Nickelodeon Universe Mall of America: Moose Mountain Adventure Golf
- Minnesota Zoo: Our Birthday Parties are Wild!
- Como Park Zoo and Conservatory: Have a Birthday Bash to Remember at Como!
- The Depot Minneapolis: Waterpark at The Depot
- The Depot Minneapolis: Water Park - Water Park Parties
- Minnesota Children's Museum: Minnesota Children's Museum Turns Birthday Parties into a Piece of Cake
- New Hope Cinema Grill: Birthday Parties
- Sheknows.com: 8 Kid-Friendly Things to Do in the Twin Cities
- Alphamom.com: The Twin Cities: 50 Things To Do With Your Kids Before They Grow Up
- Macaronikid.com: 51 Fun Things to Do in the Twin Cities
- Como Park Zoo Conservatory: Facility Overview
- Water Park of America: One-of-a-Kind Kids Birthday Party Places in MN
- Water Park of America: Water Park Rides, Slides and More
- Mall of America: Birthday Party Packages
- Thinkstock/Comstock/Getty Images